Key findings from NEU report (click to read)
- Over a third (37%) of girls at mixed sex schools have been sexually harassed while at school.
- Almost a quarter (24%) of female students at mixed-sex schools have been subjected to unwanted physical touching of a sexual nature while at school.
- 66% of female students and 37% of male students in mixed sex sixth forms have experienced or witnessed the use of sexist language in schools.
- A quarter of all secondary school teachers say they witness gender stereotyping and discrimination in their school on a daily basis.
- Over a third (34%) of primary school teachers say they witness gender stereotyping in their schools on at least a weekly basis.